We founded the practice to support our clients by offering a trusting, committed and caring relationship while also enabling them access to the most effective and evidence-based therapies and psychology services available within the talking therapy professions.
Accessing therapy for the first time can be a difficult and sometimes anxiety provoking decision and may have taken a great deal of time and thought before entering into a search for the right support.
You may be asking yourself questions like: “what will my therapist look like?”; “what will the room look like?” (please see images below); “how will they help me feel better and how long will it take?”; “how much will it cost me?”. While some of the answers to these questions can be found on our website, an initial consultation can give you the most information and help you decide whether you’d like to continue with therapy.
At Serendipity Psychology we specialise in a range of therapies online and face-to-face, including but not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Schema Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Mindfulness for Adults & Children
- Family Therapy
- EMDR Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Neurodevelopmental Assessment (i.e ASD / ADHD)
- Child Psychology
As practicing Clinical Psychologists, we draw from a number of evidence-based therapeutic interventions and apply individualised psychological principles which means your therapy evolves in line with your needs. It also means that we dedicate time to planning your session in advance to make sure each hour really makes a difference.
Other Clinical Services
As Clinical Psychologists we have extensive experience and expertise in conducting comprehensive assessments of each individual’s needs. We use a range of methods to consider each client’s problems from a range of different perspectives to make sure we’ve understood things thoroughly. Some of these methods include:
Clinical assessment: This means we would meet individually with you to discuss your circumstances and form appropriate recommendations based on your needs.
Psychometric and cognitive assessment: This means using structured, evidence-based clinical assessments to support our conclusions about what you may be having difficulties with.
Formulation: Following initial clinical assessment we are skilled in making sense of the problems you are facing and helping you understand what is causing your difficulties.
A range of psychology services
- Medicolegal and expert witness work
- Supervision for a range of professionals
- Executive coaching for career development
- Consultation with others. This could mean psychological liaison with other health and social care professionals, schools, employers, legal professionals, families and other relevant people
- Psychological wellbeing services. This means time-limited, structured cognitive behavioural programmes lasting between six and 12 sessions
- Positive behavioural programmes for children or those with learning or autistic spectrum conditions
- Mentoring and student support in proof reading, job applications, interview preparation, career coaching and managing exam stress
- Advocacy in the form of report and letter writing, and representation
Serendipity Psychology Therapy Space
Here at Serendipity Psychology, we understand that it can be daunting starting therapy without being able to visualise the space that the therapy will take place, which is why we have taken photos of the room that will be used in face-to-face sessions.
For more information on the psychology services & therapies that we offer in Kettering, Northampton & the surrounding areas, contact Serendipity Psychology today.