Expertise and Experience
Lauren Crozier-Moore is an experienced Occupational Therapist of nine years. She is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and is a member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) and British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT).
She has extensive experience within tier four services, in private healthcare and charitable organisations including St Andrews Healthcare and The Priory Group. Within these roles she has supported young people and adults with a range of complex needs and presentations including those who may self-harm and encounter suicidal thoughts and feelings. She has worked therapeutically with a wide range of severe and enduring mental health difficulties including personality disorders (EUPD/BPD), neurodevelopmental conditions such as autistic spectrum disorder (ASD), learning difficulties, depression, and a number of anxiety conditions.
She has specialised in working with young people and young adults with complex mental health needs and severe emotional, behavioural and interpersonal difficulties. Specifically, those that have experienced developmental trauma and difficulties within their early relationships and attachments.
Lauren also has experience in delivering training workshops and has worked within her own private practice, providing bespoke therapeutic services for supporting with transitions, as well as consultancy across a variety of environmental settings including residential, inpatient and tier four.
Lauren provides an Occupational Therapy-focused and holistic perspective in the form of; consultation, assessment, formulation, and therapeutic interventions for a wide range of mental health difficulties that inhibit or restrict individuals doing the things they need to or want to do.
Lauren believes in working collaboratively with the individual through identifying preferences and goals from the outset. She also recognises the importance of working systemically with the wider environments supporting each individual including family, school, the workplace and the community as required
Qualifications & Training
- Qualified BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapist from University of Northampton (2012) Occupational Therapy BSc (Hons)
- Advance Trauma Treatment for Children and Adolescents -PESI online course – in progress 2021
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy foundation Training (
DBT) (2018) British Isles
- Model of Human Occupation (Nov 2016)
– Sue Parkinson
- Post Graduate Certificate in Sensory Integration Module 1 Neuroscience (2016) – Sensory Integration Network
- Protective behaviours which is an initiative for children & young people. (2016)
- Model of Creative Ability (MOCA) (2016)
- Trauma informed care training – STAH (2019)
- Care Coordinator Training
Professional Registrations & Memberships
Royal College of Occupational Therapist – BT0808057
- Health Care Professions Council – OT67564
Main Therapeutic Approaches
- Dialectical Behavioural-Informed Therapy (DBT)
- Theraplay-informed therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): exposure and response prevention / graded exposure
- Play-based therapy
- Trauma-informed care
- Sensory attachment
- Interoception Awareness
- Therapeutic Engagement
Occupational Performance/Participation Coaching
For more information on starting your therapy sessions with Serendipity Psychology, and to book a consultation with Lauren Crozier-Moore please contact Serendipity Psychology today. Whether you’re looking for individual therapy, couples therapy or family therapy, Serendipity Psychology can assist you today, offering online & face-to-face sessions.